Who says that smoothies are only made for the summer season; your blending skills are not only for summertime, it is an all-year-round kitchen activity. So, when the urges strike, feel free to get some ice and your favorite smoothie recipe, and start blending.
Here are top healthy smoothie recipes that are perfect for this holiday season that will satisfy your holiday sweet tooth:
1. The Gingerbread Smoothie
Gingerbreads are traditionally baked on Christmas Eve or day; but did you know that gingerbreads can turn into smoothies? According to the culinary enthusiast, the gingerbread smoothies were born due to gingerbread protein ball failure; this smoothie will only take 5 minutes to make and can last inside your fridge up to 2 days. All you need are these following ingredients:
• 2 cups of vanilla almond milk
• 2 tbsp. of vanilla protein powder
• 2 tbsp. of almond butter
• 1 tbsp. of molasses
• 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
• ¼ tsp. of powdered ginger
• ¼ tsp. of nutmeg
• 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp. of cinnamon
Then mix all ingredients together, but in an orderly manner – start it with liquid ingredients, followed by thicker liquids, soft ingredients, and lastly the hard ingredients, however, blend it slowly to ensure that the hard ingredients are well pulverized. If you’ll be using ice cubes instead of frozen fruits, you have to crush the ice first, and then you may now add the other ingredients.
2. The Christmas Morning Smoothie Recipe
Here’s another yummy Christmas Morning smoothie, made from healthy and yummy whole food. This recipe is also perfect for health-conscious individuals but wanted to experience the taste of Christmas. It is easy to prepare and blend; all you need are the following ingredients:
• 1 cup of fresh strawberries
• ½ of a fresh banana
• 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
• 1 tbsp. of avocado
• 1 tbsp. of raw pumpkin seeds
• 1 tbsp. of chia seeds
• 4-5 ice cubes – If you want to have a well-made smoothie out of ice, make sure that you know how to crush the ice in the blender the correct way; you can check it out here.
If you have all the ingredients prepared, then you may now pop all the ingredients into the blender, but make sure to do it in an organized manner.
3. The Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
Christmas should also include chocolate-flavored smoothies; so, if you want to spend the Christmas day at home with a chocolate-flavored smoothie, here’s a recipe that you’ll definitely love.
• 4 to 5 ice cubes – Again, crush the ice first using the pulse button on your blender.
• ½ cup of water
• ½ cup of whole milk
• ½ of a ripe banana
• 2 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa
• 2 tbsp. of agave nectar, honey, or maple syrup
There are a lot of recipes that you can enjoy during the holiday season; in fact, there are a lot of smoothie recipes for all year-round. So, enjoy smoothie all you like.